Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Gardener

One of the participants of the Worst-Dressed Warlock contest was the author of the blog Tome of the Ancients. Her entry was creative, different, and dare I say, very unique. She took a completely different approach to her entry and it inspired me to replicate that outfit on Anou. ("Shamefully rip-off" seems more appropriate, but I couldn't help myself!) It is the most adorable herbalist/gardener outfit I have ever seen, although I admit it looks better on a Human--Blood Elves are too skinny.

Originally, I thought to hand the outfit over to my priest who is my herbalist/alchemist, but quite honestly my warlock is my dress-up 'toon, so I felt she absolutely needed to have it. It is on Lyv's wishlist though, so some time in the future I'll be hooking her up too.

Pruning the Flower Boxes





"Pop! Goes the Weasel."

Featured above: Crimson Felt Hat, Blue Overalls, Acolyte's Shirt, Knitted Belt, Light Cloth Gloves, Knitted Sandals, Acolyte's Dagger, Bouquet of Red Roses.

Here is Ironsally, one of the contestants of the Worst-Dressed Warlock contest. (Image copied from and posted with express permission of Tome of the Ancient's author.)

Ironsally, The Gardener ~ by Tome of the Ancient

Featured above: Crimson Felt Hat, Mechbuilder's Overalls, Pagan Mitts, Willow Belt, Kurkenstoks (a flip-flop t-mogable item available to Alliance players only), Long BayonetBouquet of Red Roses.

My favorite part of TotA's outfit, I think, is that she tied the flowers into the hat to bring that red accent color out, leaving the rest of the outfit neutral. In turn, this made me want to study the details of the screenshot even more. She even thought of gloves and a gardening tool, which makes the outfit look finished. Finally, the backdrop puts this outfit in a whole different ball park.

If you want to make a gardener out of your own character, really, there is just no end to the combinations you can pull together for this outfit. The overalls, in my opinion are simply a must, but you can use any assortment of "tools" and flowers, though I would stress matching the flowers to another item for that certain je ne sais quoi. You can also add any color shirt under the overalls for an added pop of color!

Below, I combined all non-soulbound items (except for the overalls) to achieve the same look, albeit much simpler, yet without the hassle of finding empty bank slots to store each piece when you're not sporting the look.

Ancient Wannabe

Feature above: Sodden Cloth Hat, Blue Overalls, Sodden Cloth Gloves, Knitted Belt, Knitted Sandals, Beautiful Wildflowers (to add a bit of color on Mrs. Fleshless here), Acolyte's Dagger.

2 comments:

  1. My Undead Warlock wouldn't let me dress her in the gardening outfit so Ironsally had to do it. If she sees how lovely your Undead gardener looks I'll bet she'll change her mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! My Anou is feisty, but she knows I'm in charge. That's why she takes it out on Malkolm, the Human Death Knight she has as a go-for. ;)

      Thanks again for your cooperation and your creativity TotA!

      ~Anou

      Delete